The Craemer Group is a modern family business with over one hundred years of tradition. The success story began in May 1912: the engineer Paul Craemer founded the Press-, Stanz- und Hammerwerke GmbH (Forging press, Coiler tension and Stamped Metal Works Co. Ltd.) for metal processing in the German town of Herzebrock, East-Westphalia, to manufacture supplier parts for household and agricultural appliances. Very soon Craemer had acquired numerous customers abroad and the factory was systematically expanded and modernised. From 1945 on the company was recognised as a major supplier of parts for agricultural machinery.
1958 marked a milestone in the company’s history: alongside metal forming Craemer opened a new business activity for plastics processing. The company started with the injection moulding of large containers and in 1967 developed the worldwide first plastic pallet moulded in one shot. In the 1980’s waste disposal containers were included in the product range. 1978 marked the demolition of the hot rolling mill and thus the metal production was finally changed to processing cold rolling sheets. In the 1980’s Craemer became established as an automotive supplier, manufacturing metal formed parts for cars. Their plastic pallets also gained world-wide market significance. The company thus developed to become a European group with increasing global orientation.
Today the Craemer Group supplies several hundred work-places in their main business activities of metal forming, plastics processing and tool making. Based on the success gained by their long-standing know-how and sustainable growth Craemer is ready to meet the future with a high level of innovative potential.